Go green in your school by participating in the Illinois Green Schools Project, a program of Illinois Green Alliance. The Illinois Green Schools Project brings together students, teachers, and staff to collaborate in a year-long project-based challenge to devise and implement creative no- to low-cost sustainable practices.
School registration for the 2022-23 cohort closed on September 13, 2022. Join our email list to be notified of upcoming registrations.
Learn more about schools' experience in the program:
Participating schools receive resources and support from a Green Schools Mentor to guide project implementation. Now in its third year, join the cohort of schools who are implementing a sustainability project with educational tools and mentor guidance.
2022–2023 Cohort of Schools
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary School — Glen Ellyn, IL
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School — Lincolnshire, IL
- Anna Jonesboro Community High School — Anna, IL
- Association House High School — Chicago, IL
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary — Glen Ellyn, IL
- Cairo School — Cairo, IL
- Carbondale Community High School — Carbondale, IL
- Carmel Catholic High School — Mundelein, IL
- Carruthers Elementary School — Murphysboro, IL
- Carterville High School — Carterville, IL
- DuQuoin High School — DuQuoin, IL
- Family Matters — Chicago, IL
- Grace Holistic Center for Education — Yorkville, IL
- Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School — Oak Park, IL
- Half Day School — Lincolnshire, IL
- Immaculate Conception St. Joseph — Chicago, IL
- Kelvyn Park High School — Chicago, IL
- Libertyville High School — Libertyville, IL
- Lincoln Middle School — Park Ridge, IL
- Marion High School — Marion, IL
- Marion Junior High School — Marion, IL
- Marist High School — Chicago, IL
- Milledgeville High School — Milledgeville, IL
- Murphysboro Middle School — Murphysboro, IL
- Pleasantdale Elementary — LaGrange, IL
- River Trails Middle School — Mount Prospect, IL
- Roosevelt Elementary School — Park Ridge, IL
- Salem Community High School — Salem, IL
- Shiloh High School — Hume, IL
- Skinner North Classical School — Chicago, IL
- Solorio Academy High School — Chicago, IL
- St. Genevieve Catholic School — Chicago, IL
- Stillman Valley High School/Junior High — Stillman Valley, IL
- Thomas Elementary School — Carbondale, IL
- Uplift Community High School — Chicago, IL
- Whitney M. Young High School — Chicago, IL
- Whittier Elementary School — Downers Grove, IL
- William H. Ray Elementary — Chicago, IL
- Wolcott College Prep — Chicago, IL
- York Community High School — Elmhurst, IL
Frequently Asked Questions
Support the Illinois Green Schools Project
Spread the word with your community
Make an individual donation
Earn recognition for your sustainability work.
Earn recognition at the national level through the Green Ribbon Schools Program.
Past Project Highlights
2021-22 Green Schools Project Impact
Ready to start your green schools journey?
Get in touch about advancing sustainability at your school.