New policies, like building performance standards and net zero building codes, are critical to accelerate the adoption of high-performance buildings. To advance these policies, it’s important lawmakers hear from professionals familiar with the technology, design, and operation of buildings.
How you can help educate policymakers:
- Help us share success stories with local policymakers
- Send an email to Katie Kaluzny - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more about the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act: www.ilcleanjobs.org
- Connect with the Illinois Environmental Council for action alerts on pending environmental legislation https://ilenviro.org/
- Connect with local grassroots advocates in your community. Get connected to Go Green Illinois.
- Get more information about climate action solutions happening in towns around Illinois. Connect with the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus to learn about the Climate Action Plan for the region and resources for your community.
Sign up to be notified of opportunities to share your experience as a building professional, and why it’s important to incentive green buildings with a local elected official.