Please join Phius Alliance Chicago and Illinois Green Alliance for an mid-construction tour of Oak Park’s first Phius Retrofit residence. This historic home is being thoroughly refashioned for a young family, with an updated plan, a strong connection to the yard from the kitchen and new mudroom, covered patio, and flexible rooms for work-at-home, gym, or guest functions.
The insulation and mechanical systems are being upgraded to meet the Phius standard, and a solar PV array will be added to meet annual net zero energy performance. With minimal upfront energy expenditure, the home’s operational carbon will be reduced by 100%, and the house will be a delightful place for the young family to grow into.
This project has a projected EUI (energy use intensity) of -4.01 with solar, which is a 108% reduction from code. Without solar, the project has a projected EUI of10.92, which is a 78% reduction from code.
- Two, 1-hour options are available for tours of this mid-construction project, led by the project team. Please choose a ticket time for either 4:30 PM or 5:30PM.
- The project is currently an active construction site. Closed-toe shoes are recommended, and young children are not allowed inside.
More about the project team:
- Architect and CPHC: Tom Bassett-Dilley Architects
- General Contractor: Bosi Construction
- Structural Engineer: Carsello Engineering
- Landscape: CYLA Design Associates
- Civil Engineer: Haeger Engineering
- Third-party Testing and Verification: Eco Achievers