Each year, Illinois schools, districts, and postsecondary institutions highlight the hard work they are doing to implement green initiatives by completing and submitting applications to the Illinois Green Ribbon program. These applications are reviewed at the state level, and the top scoring schools are submitted to the U.S. Department of Education’s Green Ribbon Schools program for consideration at the national level.
Illinois is excited to highlight past U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools, District Sustainability, and Postsecondary Sustainability Award Honorees and recognize their accomplishments and dedication to creating healthy, sustainable learning environments.
The list of Illinois honorees and their applications are featured below. View honorees from across the US here.
- Meadowview Elementary School, Grayslake, IL
- Bloomington Public School District 87, Bloomington, IL
- Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Monroe Elementary School, Hinsdale, IL
- Southside Occupational Academy, Chicago, IL
- Wolcott School, Chicago, IL
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL