Sr Business Program Manager
Expires Mar 31, 2023
Description – External
Be a part of something powerful at America’s leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow — whether that’s in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Serve as the Sr. Program Manager for the ComEd Marketplace. The Marketplace is a customer service platform from which ComEd customers obtain information about and access to select products and services that help them better understand, manage, and control their energy use. ComEd partners with multiple third-party fulfillment providers (sellers) who carry inventory for products and handle order fulfillment.
This position will work closely with a vendor team in managing the day-to-day operations of the Marketplace. This involves interfacing with multiple departments, including but not limited to the Company’s Marketing, eChannels, IT, Energy Efficiency, Call Center, and third-party seller organizations – which together serve an important role in offering solutions to our customers that enable them to better manage or save on their energy usage.
This position will also require continued partnership with other program managers to build awareness of the Company’s existing portfolio of energy savings offerings – specifically those focused on renewables (solar, electric vehicles, battery storage) and connected home bundles.
The right candidate will have a key role in setting the future vision for the Marketplace – from driving incremental feature enhancements and expanding our product catalog to offering new services and raising awareness of all the various programs our customers may be eligible for. To this end, the right candidate will be responsible for helping the Company’s customers compare and contrast energy-related products and services to make more informed choices to better manage and control their energy footprint.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the ComEd Marketplace. This includes coordination between Marketing, Energy Efficiency, IT, Finance, and third-party sellers.
- Provide vendor oversight for Marketplace contractors and third-party sellers. Coordinate with IT to ensure optimal performance of the Marketplace platform. Assist and advise other personnel with responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Coordinate and report on Marketplace performance. Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results. Prepare forecasts, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in the customer experience by driving improvements in business processes, platform functionality, customer inquiries, etc. This includes monitoring Marketplace, third party seller performance, customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Coordinate work plans to implement corrective actions that are identified as a result of performance assessments.
- Coordinate with stakeholders on the development and implementation of Marketplace IT projects, enhancements, and or releases as required.
- Lead change management activities for IT projects, new Marketplace offerings, and initiatives. Develop and implement training of employees and external personnel for new processes and procedures. Develop and implement effective business continuity procedures.
- This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Direct Reports = 0
- Indirect MAST = 4
- Indirect Craft = 0
- This position has a direct impact on the success of the Company’s customer-facing portfolio through Marketplace offerings for residential customers. In light of this, oversee planning and business case development in support of the customer portfolio roadmap.
- This position is key to maintaining the company’s image and good standing with customers, regulators, and shareholders with regards to refining Marketplace operations, functionality, and offerings that have a direct link to the customer experience.
- The ability to build relationships across the organization is critical as it requires interfacing with many internal departments and third-party sellers.
- Supports development of Marketplace strategy – including planning for future platform functionality, and establishment of business plans/ and objectives. Develops performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor results.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or S.T.E.M. field with a minimum of 5 to 8 years related business experience OR in lieu of bachelor’s degree, High School diploma and 9 to 12 years related business experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs).
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, & PowerPoint), and relevant specialized business applications (e.g., project portfolio management, requirements/test management, CIS/CRM, customer self-service, telephony, EPS, EAM, work management, & outage management) to support business needs.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to create value with strong problem solving, analytical/financial, negotiation, and conflict management skills and a willingness to accept increased responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, meet critical deadlines, communicate effectively, and accept accountability of multiple tasks.
- Customer driven with demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including new technology
- MBA or Master’s degree in a business or S.T.E.M. field.
- Comprehensive knowledge, work experience or background in:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of an ecommerce site
- Web/digital marketing tactics, campaigns, and promotions
- Vendor management and coordination with third party sellers
- Contracting and invoicing processes
- Driving improvements in Customer experience / satisfaction
- Working with IT on platform enhancements, releases, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management. Ability to analyze complex business processes and systems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Certification as: Certified Associate in Project Mgmt (CAPM) OR Project Management Professional (PMP) OR Six Sigma Black Belt