This position is for an experienced market development manager to develop feedstock (food waste) customers, opportunities and partnerships and support feedstock procurement as part of Green Era’s organics (food waste) recycling program.
The Green Era Renewable Energy and Urban Farming Campus in South Chicago recycles organic waste (inedible food waste) to produce clean, renewable energy, compost for local food production, and green jobs for low-income residents. This first-of-its-kind project has transformed a vacant brownfield site into a vibrant green educational campus, that is driving economic development in an underserved community. Green Era is also part of the Chicago Prize winning Always Growing Auburn Gresham team and a winner of The Climate Challenge Cup at COP26 in Glasgow. For more information, visit www.greenerachicago.com
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Technical area, with 5+ years experience in Market, Sales or Business Development.
• Experience developing and a track record of securing business/industry accounts.
• Experience with food waste/organics recycling.
• Exhibit effective leadership attitudes and behaviors to motivate and inspire.
• Must be a self-starter with a focus on results. Ability to lead and drive challenging projects forward despite uncertainties.
• Confident in working within an environment with multiple stakeholders.
• Comfortable presenting alternate perspectives and adept at problem solving “thinking outside the box.”
• Comfortable challenging peers and supervision to develop creative solutions.
• Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to environmental awareness.
• Possess cultural competency and an ability to understand and interact effectively with people from other cultures.
• Other skills: motivation for sales, closing skills, customer management, prospecting skills, negotiation, self-confidence, presentation skills, client relationships, customer service.
Please send cover letter, professional references and resume to: email@example.com
Green Era is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Green Era is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.