We are in search of an entry-level Quality Assurance Associate who will work with our QA/QC Manager in the Phius Quality Assurance department. Phius and passive building are growing exponentially, and we need more Quality Assurance professionals on our team!
This position is unique, not just because it offers an opportunity to join the Phius team (we are a one-of-a-kind organization!) but for the on-the-job training and experience that comes with it.
We are accepting applications from professionals of all backgrounds, with the main requirement being a passion for high-performance building. Building science experience and/or certification as a HERS Rater are highly desirable, but not required. Experience reading plans, knowledge of building construction and systems as well as third-party energy performance programs such as Energy Star or Dept. of Energy Zero Energy Ready Homes is a plus. Our vision for this position is to provide an environment for an eager high-performance building enthusiast to grow and become a Quality Assurance expert.
Duties of the job will include evaluating the energy performance of buildings, building enclosures, mechanical systems and construction practices applied to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions while improving the indoor environment. Even if you do not check every single box in the list of requirements, we encourage you to apply, because above all else we are looking for someone who is passionate about what we do and is willing to learn.
Third-party quality assurance is the backbone of Phius project certification. With an ever-increasing number of Phius projects being built throughout the country, there is growing demand for QA/QC professionals. As the Phius Quality Assurance Associate, you will be on the front lines of our Quality Assurance efforts, helping to ensure that all Phius projects perform up to expectations.
Find a full list of required and recommended skills below:
Required skills, abilities and experience:
● Strong interest in high-performance building construction.
● Building science, residential energy standards, energy efficient technologies
● Experience with reading/interpreting building plans and specifications
● Construction experience, project management or work in related trades
● Ability to multi‐task and manage multiple projects in a fast‐paced environment
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and related software applications
● College degree or equivalent technical degree
● Availability and interest in full or part‐time employment.
Preferred skills and experience:
● BPI‐Certification(s), HERS Rater, Modeler or Rating Field Inspector or similar credentials
● Energy modeling experience: REM‐Rate, Ekotrope, WUFI, Wrightsoft, eQUEST, CAD or similar apps
● Familiarity with energy efficiency or green building programs including ENERGY STAR, Zero Energy Ready and Passive House Institute US
● General construction knowledge gained through hands‐on experience