Energy Efficiency Program Manager (Hybrid)
Expires Mar 31, 2023
Be a part of something powerful at America’s leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow — whether that’s in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under general oversight is responsible for the development, delivery, and management of energy efficiency programs as part of an ICC approved energy efficiency portfolio to ensure cost recovery and minimize performance risk. Position will also assist in managing subcontractors and vendors delivering energy efficiency services to ComEd and its customers. This role will also coordinate with other ComEd departments providing program logistic, Marketing, and planning support. Monitor and verify that products, services, and energy savings are delivered as required. Monitoring, tracking, and providing necessary program performance data for measurement and verification purposes is also important.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under general oversight, manages energy efficiency programs specializing in delivering energy efficiency recommendations and measures. This includes overseeing subcontractors managing a range of existing and planned programs. Monitor and track performance metrics applicable to each program.
- Participates in the development and improvement of energy efficiency programs including evaluation of energy efficiency measures, design of programs, marketing strategy input and outreach. Emphasis will be on analyzing and evaluation of energy efficiency measures.
- Under general oversight, responsible for the development and implementation of a business plan for each assigned program. Emphasis will be on achieving overall goals, providing integration with other program offerings, and coordinating external stakeholder input.
- Update program status reports to accurately monitor progress toward program performance and financial goals.
- Provide support to the Sr Energy Efficiency Program Manager in the areas of budgeting, performance reporting and other internal and external reporting requirements, as identified.
- Under general oversight, this position is responsible for:
- Management and implementation of various energy efficiency programs
- Providing budgeting support to the Sr Program Manager
- Manage customer relations’ issues arising out of energy efficiency programs. Fulfill day to day requirements to serve customers participating in energy efficiency programs.
- Building up to work independently and making day-to-day decisions.
- Hybrid work schedule is available for this position. The hiring manager can provide more detail about the Hybrid work schedule expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., engineering and/or business) or equivalent related experience and 2 – 5 years relevant experience, in project management and technology assessment, performance management, measurement and evaluation, and knowledge of marketing communications. OR in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 6 – 9 years of stated relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task across various types of projects and deliver a quality work product within the required timeframe.
- Ability to provide analytical and relevant technical support of program and energy efficiency measure evaluation of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Above average project management skills
- Above average analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Powerpoint) & Adobe Acobat Pro
- Demonstrated strong judgement and time management skills
- Proficient in using Salesforce for CRM, analysis and reporting
- Experience working with financial and project management platforms (Asset Suite)
- Experience with e-TRACK data system, Power Bi, Tableau and/or other reporting software.
- Experience with marketing, outreach and event organizing
- Independent, self-starter
- Experience in trouble shooting problems and collaborating across multi-functional teams to seek out and share opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification