From November 14-16, 2018, the Illinois Green Alliance (a USGBC Community) and the City of Chicago will host the 2018 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, the world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to green building The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) organizes this annual event featuring several days of inspiring speakers, industry showcases, specialty workshops, tours of the host city’s green buildings.
Proposal deadline extended to Friday, March 2 at 5:00 PM (CST)
The Greenbuild Conference is expected to bring over 20,000 visitors to the Chicago area. This is a tremendous opportunity for Chicago to showcase local projects and expertise while bringing attention to issues of particular importance to our region. While Greenbuild is a meeting of national and international experts in the field during one week in November 2018, our goal is to leverage the event to engage the broader local community in discussions and activities that raise awareness around sustainability and the built environment throughout the year leading up to the event and into the future.
Past conferences sponsored projects that continue to serve their communities long after the attendees from Greenbuild have departed. These projects include a space to create and problem solve utilizing S.T.E.A.M. curricula while reusing discarded safe manufacturing materials in Los Angeles, an interactive playground in Philadelphia, a new urban food studio in Washington, D.C., and a green building technology training program for young people considering tradeswork in Boston.
With your participation we can continue the Greenbuild Legacy Project tradition in the Chicago metro area.
To that end, the 2018 Greenbuild Host Committee is:
- Inviting proposals for the Greenbuild 2018 Legacy Project for the Greater Chicago area;
- Providing a minimum of $10,000 as seed funding with the potential for additional contributions, including labor/services, materials, and/or additional fundraising to support the execution of the selected project;
- Seeking proposals that maximize the number and breadth of key impact sectors affected.
- Review the full Call for Legacy Project Proposals and view pages 3 and 4 for Proposal Format, Content, Schedule and Requirements.
- To register your interest in this RFP and ensure communication of any future correspondence please email email@example.com with your name and your organizations name. Please write “2018 Legacy Project Question” in the email subject line.
- Final proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm CST on (NOTE DEADLINE EXTENSION) Friday,
February 23March 2. Please write 2018 Legacy Project Submission” in the email subject line.
Proposals must address and include the following mandatory criteria:
- Be permanent and enduring with a detailed plan for community support. Maximum credit for proposals that impact multiple communities. (25 points)
- Recognize voices not traditionally a part of discussions regarding environmental justice (women, racial and ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and socially and economically marginalized communities). Maximum credit for projects that include multiple voices. (25 points)
- Be deliverable on budget and on time by November 1, 2018. (20 points)
- Deliver measurable carbon drawdown either directly, or indirectly through education, training, or community outreach. (10 points)
- Have zero negative impact (e.g. zero waste, cash positive to a community, zero energy) on the community and larger environment. Maximum credit for proposals that provide restorative outcomes. (10 points)
- Be energizing and accessible. (10 points)
View the full Call for Legacy Project Proposals for Proposal Format, Content and Requirements.
The Legacy Project Committee of Greenbuild 2018 will review all timely proposals that satisfy the RFP requirements and announce the selected three finalists. The three finalists will present their proposals to the broader Greenbuild 2018 Host committee who will select the official legacy project no later than March 31, 2018.